Sunday, June 12, 2016

Conversations With God, Part II

As promised in my last post (June 7) : 'the sandwich filling'.

   When I looked back in my journal, I saw, for many days, pages of black or blue writing and then just a few lines of red.  How disproportionate, I thought. It should be the other way around. I felt as if I had been going on and on, and He might have been waiting for me to stop babbling so He could share something with me. As humans, we are often just waiting for someone to finally finish talking so we can say something back. Here is His reply (with my usual disclaimer regarding the word for word accuracy of my note-taking):
 
   "Starting with listening....a great thing.  You know, however,  that I always want to hear your heart expressed 'out loud.' Don't think you talk too much. Remember how your children used to babble excitedly to you, anxious to share? How did you receive their efforts at communication? Would you have ever wanted them to stop 'bothering you' because you had 'more important in the' things to do? Perhaps there were occasions when much was on your mind. But I have no such limitations. I am even more delighted by your overtures than you were when your little ones came to you (and as you are now when they share with you as adults). There is never a time when I am too busy or when I wish you'd stop 'going on and on.' Your communications are precious to Me...every one.
  Multi-layered sandwiches, yes.... But it's ok to have thick fillings [between My spoken bread]."

Today: "It's also a delight when you come to Me and say nothing at all. Just come to Me and dwell, abide, revel in My love for you. No words necessary.... My place of rest is healing for your soul. Your spirit bears witness.  My Goodness and Mercy chase after you; turn and receive them with open arms. Let yourself be joyfully enfolded in My very Nature. Take My hand and run with Me in the still places."


2 comments:

Morning Manna....to read and share....