Sunday, August 2, 2015

Half-Listening

My right ear has been plugged off and on for months.  The flight home to Florida didn't help.  I've tried an earwax removal kit with no success so far.  It suddenly strikes me, as I sit here in my "prayer chair," that the Holy Spirit has a message for me in there somewhere. Have I been only half-listening to You, Lord?  Is my mind so often taken up with other occupations that I only hear Your whisper as from a distance? "I'll be there in just a minute, Lord.  Just have to take care of a few things.  Then I can focus my full attention on what You have to say.  Oh, my...look at the time. Tomorrow, Lord, tomorrow I'll be fully present with You, both spiritual ears fully attuned.  Soon....I promise...tomorrow...yes,,tomorrow.."
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Manna....to read and share....