Friday, August 28, 2015

Making Plans

Several friends have been asking me when I plan to retire. Drew and I have talked this through from both a financial and ministry standpoint.  However I have to preface my answer with James 4:13-14 (below).  Anyone making plans under the assumption that all will continue as it has been, is deceiving himself.  I am more aware than ever that every moment we live, any future we have,  is totally dependent on the grace of God.  In the past, I would have affirmed this truth most assuredly. But now, in these times, its burning reality is more apparent to me than ever. The question has also offered me a segue to share with friends my total dependence on Him who gives me my very breath.

"Come now, you who say 'Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a city and carry on our business and make money.' Yet you do not know the least thing about what may happen tomorrow. What is the nature of your life?  You are really but a whisp of vapor, a puff of smoke, a mist that is visible for a while and then disappears into thin air." [James 4:13-14, Amplified Version]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Manna....to read and share....