Monday, May 30, 2016

The Other Side of Hearing-Impairment

     Thomas Edison, I have learned, was hearing-impaired--left partially deaf from inflammation of his mastoid bone as a child.  However, he actually embraced the relative silence and used it to help him focus in the invention process.  Recently, I've had fluid trapped in my Eustachian tube, pressing on the ear drum of my right ear.  I've scrupulously followed all the doctor's directions and also had several people gifted in healing pray for me...all to no avail, as far as the current manifestation is concerned.  I will be flying to Oregon soon and was worried about its effect on my ears. Could it actually cause damage?  Tubes would cost over $700, I've discovered.
   Yesterday at church I was asking God why I couldn't seem to receive the healing I know He's already sent and Accomplished for me. There's still so much about healing on this earth that I don't understand. But I know this: I trust Him and know He wants the best for me. The problem is not at His end. However, I also know He uses everything for good when offered up to Him. Yesterday and again this morning He brought Edison to mind.  The lack of hearing, the sense of hearing as if one is under water, causes the world to fade away a bit....and I am drawn into listening inside, instead. It is not invention on which I am focused but rather on hearing His voice.
   This morning He said (as best I can interpret):  "Let the ear remind you to always be in touch with Me, always listening to My voice inside you. The noise outside and even in your own mind can make it difficult for you to listen carefully to Me. Like Thomas Edison, may you be inspired by comparative silence...but may it be inspiration which leads not to invention but to My heart. May the world around you dim and recede as you connect and commune with Me. Stop being anxious about your ear. I will take care of it for you one way or another. I cover both your ears with My hands and look into your eyes. May you be focused on Mine and receive the greater healing of Communion with Me."
   May it be so for all of us...
Ephesians 3:16-18

1 comment:

Morning Manna....to read and share....