Saturday, May 9, 2015

Gutter Cleaning

Yesterday, the first Sunday of Advent, as I was pondering preparation of the heart, God reminded me of my gutter-cleaning adventures on Saturday. We have 'gutter guards,' which have holes to let the water drain but keep the pine needles and other falling things from settling in and clogging the gutters. Around the edges, however, a sludge had begun to form from the moisture and plant decay. I needed to work hard to wipe it clean, along with the lighter work of pine needle removal, to keep the water flowing. "It's like your heart," He said. "Ask Me for help removing the sludge, so My Holy Spirit can flow through you more freely. Otherwise, the pure, fresh area will become smaller and smaller without you even noticing...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Manna....to read and share....