Monday, May 11, 2015

Borrowed Heartbeats

As I come to the end of The Mystery of the Shemitah by Messianic Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, I am moved by his description of the Last Shemitah:
"The last Shemitah declares that all things--our lives, our beings, our breath--come as gifts from God. Of ourselves we have nothing. All our notions of ownership are an illusion; all our pride a deception....Every heartbeat is borrowed. Everything in the world that draws us or repels us, entangles us or compels us, everything we seek after, dwell on, or live for, is temporary, fleeting, and passing away. Therefore the meaning of this life is not found in anything of this life, but only in Him Who lies behind it. And the purpose of this life is not found in seeking anything of this life, but only in seeking Him Who gave it."  [Mystery of the Shemitah, p 248]

May I spend His gift of every day living out that truth, investing in the people He has placed in my life, rather than in anything that is passing away. May I touch lives for Him so that I take as many with me to heaven as possible, for only people will endure the passing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Manna....to read and share....