Monday, January 11, 2021

"His Truth is marching on..."

 After 'praying 15' with Dutch Sheets today* https://youtu.be/fhqhRakLKuo (1/11/20), take a look at these two lesser known verses in Julia Howe's original poem:

 “ I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel
Since God is marching on

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is Wisdom to the mighty, He is Succour to the brave,
So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of Time His slave,
Our God is marching on!”

Glory, Glory Hallelujah; Glory, Glory Hallelujah

Glory, Glory Hallelujah, His Truth is marching on!”

Sing it out, my friends!

*******

See also the update God had me add to the 'Stand' post from Jan 9. From the sublime to the ridiculous. I love His humor. 🤣





No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Manna....to read and share....