Thursday, October 6, 2016

Before the Storm

   As I gratefully reside at my daughter and son-in-law's home outside of the path of the hurricane, I am once again reminded of the transitory nature of the things of earth. One of the most difficult aspects of letting go for me involves those irreplaceable things tied to memories..tied to love.  Photo albums, old videotapes of the kids, treasured birthday and Mother's Day cards which I meant to grab when I hurriedly evacuated  yesterday after work, trying to beat the highway evacuation parking lot. I think of those items left behind, along with my prayer journals containing God's specific messages to me.
   Yes, it's also difficult to deal with the thought that everything, including the house itself, could soon lie ruined.  But what my mind goes to first are the 'old treasures,' not the large screen TV, antiques, or even the car just finally paid for. When you are forced to evacuate, you quickly realize where your treasure lies:  in the hearts of your family and friends and, more importantly,  in the hands of your loving Heavenly Father from Whom all gifts come, including the gift of those you treasure.
   I am rebuking and cursing this storm in His Name, because He's given those who believe and trust  in Him the authority to do so.  He is the calmer of every kind of storm, including those taking place in our minds and hearts and bodies. I know He can stop this storm,  and if we better understood the authority designated to us by Him, we could calm the storm in His Name. I also; like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; declare that even if it doesn't stop, still I will trust in Him. Everything I have comes from Him, and nothing can remove or diminish His love and care for me. I may not understand the whys and wherefores, but I know I am His, and I know Whom I have believed...and that He is able to guard what in His sight are my greatest treasures on earth and in Heaven....

2 Timothy 1:12

2 comments:

  1. You bring more tears to my eyes, you put my very thoughts in print. I can only add that my heart was at peace once I knew you were safely with the rest of the family. Love D+

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bring more tears to my eyes, you put my very thoughts in print. I can only add that my heart was at peace once I knew you were safely with the rest of the family. Love D+

    ReplyDelete

Morning Manna....to read and share....