Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Stepping on air

   


As I have recently been participating in prayer with thousands (correction, millions) of Christians around the world for the future of our nation and for the worldwide revival being prophesied by more than a dozen reliable prophets, I have had pause to ponder the role of intercession in a believer’s life.  This morning I asked the Lord to clarify two seemingly contradictory teachings on that topic, especially related to ‘standing in the gap.’ 

   Since Jesus is our Mediator, there is a radical difference between Old Testament and New Testament intercession., including the concept of ‘standing in the gap’.. it is Jesus Who truly ‘stands in the gap.’ Yet I know God has chosen to partner with us to pray His will be done ‘on earth as it is in Heaven.’ He wants us to intercede in all kinds of situations. We are not pleading with God to act, however. We are agreeing with Him, knowing He wants these things even more than we do. We are speaking forth what He says in His Word, both written and Rhema. IN JESUS’ NAME!

   However, I was still a little confused as I tried to reconcile some aspects of both sets of teaching, so I asked the Lord to clarify it for me. This is His answer, as best I could hear it:

 “I always love it when you ask Me questions. This is part of asking for wisdom, and you know know how I love and always answer that prayer in the affirmative. There is no real conflict, as you have said, although there is some misunderstanding involved on both parts. You are all always growing in maturity as you move forward in your walk with Me. I truly AM the 'Gap-Stander.' Your whole ability to connect with Me in a variety of forms--including eternity with Me--exists because I opened the Window and wedged Myself permanently inside so you could pass through.

Yet, I value your partnership in 'inter-ceding' for those things I desire to take place. It's rather like you're standing beside the window helping people step through it. I opened it and keep it open, but you lend a helping hand as people step up and through it without stumbling or falling backwards.  You point to the window when people don't see or notice it or even believe it is there, at least for them. You help them see the window and through it to the other side. That is part of the Seeing I had you write about in previous blog posts. 

You mentioned the dwarves in the hut in The Last Battle, in response to another person's C.S. Lewis quote. It is rather like that for some who have so far refused to believe there is another place outside the walls of their earthly hut. When you point to the window, some will believe you and search for the opening. As they do, it will become visible to them.

You referred to Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail recently in reference to the seemingly invisible bridge across the chasm. Desperation drove Indiana to place his foot 'on air,' where he found the ground solid beneath his feet. Desperately (spiritually) hungry people will do the same, if you have the courage to direct them in faith. Fear of man and man's opinion will try to thwart your efforts. Don't let it. You need to 'step on air,' too, to sincerely and earnestly share the pathway of My Evangel.

This Good News is not 'just' about eternity.  It is about Now.  My people need both Faith and Belief that I AM working, and that they will see the manifestation of it soon.  They, too, must 'walk on the air' of Faith in Me...that I would never abandon them at this time.  They need to believe and speak forth agreement with My Rhema Word spoken through My faithful prophets.  

Those who do so will never be disappointed..... This is the 'intercession' I am asking of you at this time, before you see with your eyes what I have said will be.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Manna....to read and share....