Friday, March 27, 2020

Lying down


When was the last time you read...really read the 23rd Psalm? Better yet, have you prayed it, read it out loud, or turned it into a prayer of Thanksgiving?  Try speaking it, as if you've never heard it before.  Make it personal...from you to the Lord:

   “Lord, You are my tender Shepherd.  Because of You, I’ll never lack anything I truly need. You remind me to lie down on cultivated fresh, soft grass, beside Your restful water of life. You restore me inside and out...my body, my mind, my emotions. You have sealed Your powerful and comforting Spirit within me, where no one can ever take it from me.  I am Yours forever.


   When I am afraid or face attack from any enemy, in human or spiritual form, You care for me right there in the midst of it, right in front of it all.  Even when I walk through fearful times and places, You are with me; your protective rod and guiding staff give me comfort and reassurance that I need not fear. Your Truth overrides all factual circumstances. I need never fear anything or anyone, because You never leave or forsake me.


   You pour the oil of Your Shalom over my head and gently rub it into the infected and wounded places.  Your provision for me  is gloriously abundant, so much so that I can’t even contain it all, and the overflow floods out onto other people.Dear Lord, You are good, tender-hearted, gracious, merciful, and full of lovingkindness.  Your nature causes these blessings to even chase after me, when I am running in the wrong direction, looking to the world around me to still my fears and satisfy my needs.  Forgive me for looking away from the light of Your countenance to any idol of my heart.


   You suffered incomprehensibly for me, not only to give me abundant life now, but so that I could be with You, dwell with You, that we might never be separated from one another forever...and ever...and ever.....The vocabulary of chronology is totally insufficient to describe Your great promises, Faithful One.


   How can I ever thank you enough for all this? You tell me...Lie down; accept and receive; be thankful; and love Me back....  Yes, Lord.  Amen, so be it.

****************************

"Goodness and grace will pursue me every day of my life...."  --Psalm 23:6; CJB
"Fear not, little flock, for the Father is pleased to give you the Kingdom."  --Luke 12:22






No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Manna....to read and share....