Thursday, November 9, 2017

Home

     This morning as I write from my tiny place in this tiny town, I know I have settled into Home. He has blessed us with multiple places to live, according to our needs, as He is wont to do.  With each successive fit of worrying, He has patiently reminded me that He has always cared for me, for us, and always will. And where He is, is always home.
     Staying with kind and generous friends for the better part of a year has been a great blessing, where I was offered lovely and hospitable homes, as a guest.. There He was, in the midst of them. Now He has helped me nest into this home, seemingly of my own. Yet, I realize, I am still a guest.  A guest of My Father. It is nice to have a corner on this coast to call our own, but truly nothing is our own.  Everything comes from His generous hand and belongs to Him.  He lets us enjoy it; He wants us to enjoy it; but it isn’t ours.
     What makes this home is that He has offered it to us out of His goodness and that He dwells here with us. He makes the humble places...and people...beautiful. He invites us in to rest. He offers His hospitality to the weary traveler, saying, “Stop awhile and enter into the habitat of My heart. You’ll find rest here, and if you choose to stay, a Home for eternity.”

1 comment:

Morning Manna....to read and share....